Friday night was the second full moon within the course of a month. This event is such a rarity, it’s referred to as a Blue Moon. Thus, the saying, “Once in a blue moon”. From a metaphysical standpoint the blue moon holds a great deal of power. Some mystics think the blue moon is a time for creative inspiration as well as healing and releasing whatever attachments need to be cut loose. The blue moon brings the opportunity to do that; release ties to any old wounds, once and for all. In the act of setting free, a fresh space opens up, and inspiration and creativity find room to stretch out and expand. A bit of a lunar cleansing, so to speak. I chuckled some when I read all this somewhere in the middle of August. I’m open-minded for sure, and I do believe there is some validity to nature’s influence on our human bodies and in our lives. But, that all seemed just a bit too “Wiccan like”. I envisioned naked forms dancing wildly under the light of the blue moon, arms outstretched, tossing old patterns out into the Universe. While the freedom in dancing freely, in the moonlight sounded fun, it all seemed a bit over the top "woo-woo" even for me.
If I’ve learned nothing else over the past few years in this intriguing spiritual adventure I’ve been on, it’s to never say never and keep my mind open. I'm not sure, but I think the mystery of the blue moon visited me the other night. I experienced something mystical; the cleansing and a complete healing of a relationship that has been haunting me like a naughty ghost, for a number of years now. And, I think it happened on August 31, 2012, the night of the blue moon. I didn’t plan any of it, and I didn’t even dance naked. But, I might now!
I had a really pleasant evening with friends, catching up on the latest local gossip, savoring a great steak, and just anticipating a long holiday weekend. I left their company in high spirits. Driving home, I thought what a great thing to have such a pleasant night. I was so upbeat and optimistic. From a blue moon perspective, legend has it, how you enter the blue moon phase is a precursor to the energy you will bring into the rest of your year. So harnessing the energy of this moon to manifest even more optimism was an exciting thought. I decided the rest of the year would certainly be full of wonderful surprises and gifts because I was in such a zen, positive, place.
Arriving home, I checked mail. I was stunned to receive something that absolutely sent me spiraling back to old hurt from days gone by. Thoughts of suffering, ignited feelings of unworthiness, jealousy, anger, and a big blanket of judgement that covered any hopes of rational thinking. All in a matter of minutes, I went from heaven to hell. I cursed. I cried. I screamed. I questioned. I envisioned some graphic, bad juju reigning down on another. I even made a plan for revenge. I didn’t hardly recognize this person who went from top of the world to this madwoman who was engulfed in flames, holding a pitchfork, with a satanical sneer on her face, but it was indeed me. Was I crazy... bi-polar or borderline disordered? What the hell just happened there?
Finally, I settled down some. I wrote. I pulled up a program on the computer that was tracking this mystical blue moon across parts of the world. I studied the pictures of the moon. I read about its power. I prayed. I wrote. I prayed some more. I wrote. I deleted ugly words, and below the belt punches. I finally just deleted it all. I sat in the kitchen bay window and stared up at the sky and asked for the energy of this blue moon to release me once and for all from the grip of my clearly unforgiving heart. A heart I thought had forgiven... I humbly asked for complete healing. I asked for love. Exhausted I went to bed. I slept fitfully that night, dreaming of the moon, the man, the person I truly wanted to be. I suddenly saw the person he was striving to be too, bathed in a white light. Somewhere in the night, I dreamed I heard this voice which said, "Just accept the parts that were love. There was love present. Love is the only path that leads to healing completely."
Today is a new day. My heart feels lighter, more spacious, capable of receiving and willing to accept more love however it shows up in all the ways it's given.
Was it the blue moon; nature giving me what I needed and didn't seem to be able to do for myself? I have choices. I don’t have to strike out in judgement and anger when something tries to pluck at an old, defunct, dysfunctional chord. I don’t need to. I am healed. I have this great big open heart, ready to give.... and receive. There is a whole lot of power in that. WooHoo to magic, and blue moons! I have new dreams in my heart and room for lots of new love that I can call my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment